Heres a look at the top Nashville-area high school boys basketball teams, ranked by the USA Today Network - Tennessee.
1. Blackman (16-0) — The unbeaten and District 7-AAA leading Blaze, who boast the state’s stingiest scoring defense (35.6 ppg), gave up a season-high 53 in Friday’s 11-point win at La Vergne.
2. East Nashville (18-0) — The senior-laden and defending District 10-AA champion Eagles remained unbeaten on the year with Friday’s 70-59 come-from-behind win at Stratford.
3. Riverdale (15-1) — The Warriors, who've won their last 13, captured a 50-44 win at Oakland on Friday to set up Tuesday’s battle of District 7-AAA unbeatens at Blackman.
4. Brentwood Academy (8-3) — The three-time defending state champion Eagles are coming off a 63-50 loss to the nation’s 19th-ranked team, Chicago's Paul IV, at the Penny Hardaway Hoopfest in Memphis.
5. Gallatin (15-3) — The Green Wave, who won 15 of their first 17, struggled to a season-low 35 points in Friday’s 3-point loss to District 9-AAA foe Wilson Central.
6. Brentwood (12-4) — The District 11-AAA leading Bruins piled up a season-best 91 points in Friday’s 56-point rout of Franklin Grace.
7. Mt. Juliet (12-4) — Three of the Golden Bears’ four losses have come against Riverdale (2) and Gallatin, and they’ve been by an average of just five points apiece.
8. Stratford (11-4) — The Spartans are coming off their first District 10-AA defeat of the season, a 70-59 loss to unbeaten rival East Nashville on Friday.
9. Cookeville (16-4) — The District 6-AAA leading Cavaliers have strung together 11 straight as they resume district play Tuesday against Rhea County.
10. Clarksville NE (14-3) — The Eagles have won three straight since suffering a 65-62 loss to two-loss host Cleveland at last month’s Under Armour Tournament.