A Petition Seeks to Rename Nashville's Hadley Park to Malcom X Park

Nashville residents seek to change the name of the historic Hadley Park which is located on 28th Avenue in North Nashville, between Fisk and Tennessee State universities, two historically black colleges. The park was first opened in 1912. 

The park is currently named after John L. Hadley, who was a former slave owner that owned the plantation that was later purchased to create the park and part of TSU's campus.

The park is also known as the first park purchased for the exclusive use of people of color. 

title

Content Goes Here