From FOX 17:
A recent study revealed the automobiles involved in the most frequent fatal crashes in Nashville.
According to data recorded byiSeeCars.com, the Chevrolet Camaro had the highest rate of fatal accidents in the Music City with an average of 12.2 cars per billion vehicle miles.
The average rate for all vehicles was 2.6 per billion vehicle miles.
Here's a look at the top 5 vehicles with the highest fatal accident rate in Nashville.
- Chevrolet Camaro, 12.2
- Hyundai Accent, 12.1
- Jeep Cherokee, 12.1
- Ford Fiesta, 10.6
- Nissan Titan, 8.8
The study found several key findings, which include the following:
- Subcompact cars and sports cars tie as the most represented vehicle categories with six vehicles each.
- Common trends among vehicles with the highest fatal accident rates include a lack of safety features and poor performance in crash tests.
- When specifically looking at passenger cars, the fatal accident rate is inversely proportional to vehicle size.
- Categorically, SUVs have the lowest fatal accident rate.
- Compact and subcompact SUVs account for nine of the 10 vehicles on the list of SUVs with the highest fatal accident rates.
The Mitsubishi Mirage had the highest national rate of fatal accident rate at 102, followed by the Chevrolet Corvette (9.8) and Honda Fit (7.7).
The full study can found by clinking thislink.