It is a sad day today as it appears another Legend will be leaving us soon. The family of John Singleton said that they have directed doctors to pull him off life support on today (Monday April 29, 2019) after he suffered a stroke earlier this month.
“It is with heavy hearts we announce that our beloved son, father and friend, John Daniel Singleton will be taken off of life support today,” said the statement, which was released by Singleton’s publicist around 10 a.m. Pacific time. “This was an agonizing decision, one that our family made, over a number of days, with the careful counsel of John’s doctors.”
Singleton, 51, a native of South Los Angeles, the director, producer and screenwriter behind the 1991 film “Boyz N the Hood” and several other movies. He will be greatly missed.
SOURCE: THE NEW YORK TIMES